1. We're a Chartered Building Company: Landmark Lofts is registered as a Chartered Building Company (CBC no. 1489226) with the Chartered Institute of Building. As London’s only Chartered Building Company specialising in loft conversions, our professionalism and integrity are unrivalled. Chartered Building Companies are bound by a comprehensive Code of Professional Conduct. This commits us to quality of service, integrity of conduct and an overriding concern for your best interest at all times. By choosing a Chartered Building Company you can be sure that we have the resources and commitment to meet your requirements safely and efficiently.
2. We're regulated by RICS: Landmark Lofts is professionally regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (firm no. 733355). To find out about the advantages of using a firm that’s regulated by RICS, click HERE.
3. Our other memberships: In addition to being a Chartered Building Company, we are a fully accredited member of not only the National Federation of Builders (NFB), but also the Federation of Master Builders (FMB), which are the construction industry’s leading trade associations. The NFB and FMB logos are recognised quality marks, which gives you the reassurance that we are reliable, honest and trustworthy, backed by the endorsement of reputable organisations.
4. We've been approved by TrustMark: Landmark Lofts is a registered member of the government-endorsed TrustMark scheme through the FMB. To become a TrustMark approved company, we have undergone extensive financial, technical and legal checks. As TrustMark is a not-for-profit organisation, our membership has been awarded solely on merit.
5. Our Gold standard 10-year guarantee: Upon completion of the project, an industry-leading ten-year guarantee covering materials and workmanship will be issued in accordance with our terms and conditions of business. This guarantee is insurance-backed by IWA. In the event that a fault occurs within the guarantee period the necessary remedial work will be carried out without charge.
Any remedial work undertaken by IWA Insurance will be carried out promptly and by an accredited company. Your insurance backed guarantee may be passed to any new owners of your property.
6. Professional Project Management: We are the only loft conversion specialist in London to ensure that every project is overseen by professionally qualified surveyors. Your loft conversion will be assigned a project manager who is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Chartered Institute of Building.
Your project manager will be your single point of contact during the construction phase. As a professional surveyor, your project manager will work alongside you to make the best use of the space, achieve the highest build quality and reduce any disruption to your daily life. You can rest assured that with a qualified surveyor overseeing your project you will have excellent service, professional advice, and a high quality finish.
7. Our Chartered Architectural Service: Your plans and specification will be prepared by a RIBA chartered architect. We are unique in having a chartered architectural practice as part of the Landmark Group. The advantage of having an architect fully integrated into the project team, rather than architecture being subcontracted to an external firm, is that you benefit from the architect’s wealth of specialist experience in making the best use of space within the loft conversions throughout the project.
8. We offer all customers the security of being fully backed by an ombudsman: Landmark Lofts is the only loft conversion specialist in London to offer all customers the security of being fully ombudsman backed through the Ombudsman Services: Property. The OS:P has one of the most robust complaints investigation procedures of any trade body in the UK. In the unlikely event of there being any disagreement over the project OS:P has mandatory conciliation, mediation and independent inspection procedures to deal with complaints. This gives our customers the security and confidence that their project has been entrusted to true professionals who are held accountable for their actions.